Firecracker Shrimp is a go-to summer dinner! It’s incredibly easy to make, with only 5 ingredients. Serve it with coconut rice and pineapple salsa for a tropical vibe, or add them to a salad. The possibilities are endless, but the result is always delicious!
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 TBSP fresh ginger, minced
- 4–6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper (or to taste)
- Whisk olive oil, red pepper flakes, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Toss with shrimp and let marinate for at least 30 minutes in the fridge (marinate for 1 hour if shells are on).
- Heat grill, or grill pan on the stove, over medium-high heat. If skewering, thread the shrimp on a skewer, evenly spacing them. Place shrimp on grill over indirect heat, cook for 2 1/2 minutes on each side, until pink and translucent. Serve immediately with your sides of choice!
If using a grill pan, I recommend rubbing the pan with a big of oil before cooking.
The equipment section above contains affiliate links to products we use and love!
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Grilling
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 294
- Sugar: 0.2 g
- Sodium: 512 mg
- Fat: 19 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.1 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.8 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 26.4 g
Keywords: easy, quick, summer, appetizer, grilling, seafood