Fork in the Kitchen’s monthly recipe challenge is here to inspire you. Whether you’re looking for a new cooking challenge, are in a food rut you just need to get out of, or simply just love eating food that’s full of flavor, easy to make, and impressive, it’s for you! It’s my way of joining you around the kitchen table, virtually. So, let’s get to cooking!
“You learn a lot about someone when you share a meal together.” – Anthony Bourdain
What is the FITK Recipe Challenge?
Fork in the Kitchen aims to inspire you in the kitchen, to help you create easy, elevated meals that are impressive yet completely approachable, and to help provide you with (mostly) meatless recipes regardless of if you’re vegetarian or not. Meatless meals can be flavorful, delicious, and filling, I promise!
These monthly challenges will give you the opportunity to experience a variety of Fork in the Kitchen recipes, try new techniques in the kitchen, and see that meatless meals are totally doable.
Not to mention the chance to win a fun prize every month and pay it forward in my monthly donation for each entry.
FLATBREAD MONTH RECIPES
This is the biggest FITK recipe challenge yet! FITK is known for easy vegetarian flatbreads, and this month we are celebrating these quick weeknight dinners!
Each week of June, new flatbread recipes will be released, giving you more chances to enter, more delicious recipes to enjoy, and a bigger prize to be won! You can choose one or all of the recipes to make, giving you the opportunity to enter up to 10 different times (Citrus Pesto Flatbread has an extra bonus entry available!). I can’t wait to see what you cook up!
- How to Make Homemade Flatbread – Flatbread month kicks off with the ultimate guide to making homemade flatbread for pizzas at home. Use this recipe to make the following flatbread pizzas if you’d like!
- Zucchini, Brie, and Corn Flatbread – this vegetarian flatbread is topped with zucchini ribbons, fresh sweet corn, creamy brie cheese, and fresh basil for a delicious combination.
- Citrus Pesto Flatbread – recipe will be released June 16th. Bonus entry: leave a comment on the citrus pesto post, too!
- Rosemary Breakfast Potato Flatbread – recipe will be released June 21st.
- Margherita Pizza with Burrata
Bonus Flatbread Entries:
- Mediterranean Flatbread Pizza
- Bruschetta and Burrata Flatbread
- Grilled Corn, Burrata and Pesto Flatbread
- Grilled Peach and Pesto Flatbread
- Artichoke and Arugula Flatbread
ALL THE RECIPE CHALLENGE DETAILS
HOW TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE
There are 10 ways to enter to win this month (!!!).
Yes, it’s the most epic challenge yet! And there are even more entries if you get the bonus and share on social (eeek!).
You can enter as few or as many recipes as you’d like, with each submission providing you another entry into the challenge! The submission process is the same as in previous months, you will just now have the option to select the recipe you’re submitting on the form. You can submit them each week as you make the recipe, or enter them all at once. As long as they’re submitted by the deadline, they’ll be counted.
For each recipe submission you’ll follow the following steps to enter the challenge:
- STEP ONE: MAKE THE RECIPE – and enjoy the process along the way! Be sure to take a pic (see step 3!).
- STEP TWO: LEAVE A REVIEW – go to the recipe post you made, and scroll to the bottom, just below the recipe card. Leave your comment and a star rating to let us know how it turned out.
- Please note in the Citrus Pesto Flatbread recipe there is a chance for an extra entry!
- STEP THREE: SNAP & SUBMIT A PHOTO – complete this form and upload your photo to be entered.
- A simple photo of the finished recipe is all we need, there’s no need for styling. Your photo may be shared in the next challenge post on the blog and/or social media.
- BONUS ENTRY: I LOVE seeing FITK recipes come to life in your kitchen, so take that photo and share it on your social channels (Facebook or Instagram)! Be sure to tag @forkinthekitchen and #forkinthekitchen for one bonus entry.
- If your account is private, you’ll need to screenshot it and send me a DM or email it along with your photo submission for it to be counted. I, unfortunately, can’t see tagged photos or stories from private accounts. I will respond to all social posts, and if I don’t, it means I didn’t see it.
The challenge ends June 30, 2021, at 11:59 pm CST. The winner will be selected at random and notified via email and announced in the July recipe challenge post.
Recipe Challenge Prize
By following the steps above, you’ll be automatically entered into Fork in the Kitchen’s monthly recipe challenge. This month 2 winners will be randomly chosen to each win one (1) $75.00 gift card to one of the following retailers:
- Your local grocery store – let me buy your groceries, simply just tell me where you shop upon winning and we’ll get you a virtual gift card to it!
- McBride Sisters Wine & Black Girl Magic Collection – a beautiful collection of amazing wines! They also have a SHE CAN Professional Development Fund helping Black Women-owned small businesses not only survive but thrive in 2020. YES.
- Must be 21 years of age to accept this prize; age will be verified before gift card is sent and upon purchase.
- Souper Cubes – my favorite way to freeze leftovers or meal-prep. These silicone trays freeze your soups, sauces, and stocks in various sizes and allow for easy removal and storage, saving you time and space, and preventing food waste.
Please note, the business must ship internationally for an international winner to be chosen.
Giving Back: I will also be donating $2 for every entry to The Trevor Project for Pride Month!
So what do you think?! Are you up for the challenge?
Please leave any questions or comments regarding the challenge below.
A RECAP OF MAY’S RECIPE CHALLENGE
May was all about Spring Vegetable Risotto!
Each and every submission made my heart sing with happiness! The only that could have made it better was if I could’ve pulled a seat right up next to you.
Check out some of the amazing photos that were entered into this month’s challenge! Thank you for participating!
Here’s a review I just have to share:
I was nervous about the recipe as I was cooking it, but it turned out amazing! Patience is key. 😉 I love the vegetable bits throughout the dish, and the parmesan cheese was exactly what it needed. I hope to make this again soon!Spring Vegetable Risotto
And finally, the winner of May’s recipe challenge is Cassie T., who was notified via e-mail. Congrats, Cassie!
Thanks again to everyone who participated in this month’s challenge! I can’t wait to see your entries for June! Bon Appetit!