Fork in the Kitchen’s monthly recipe challenge is here to inspire you. Whether you’re looking for a new cooking challenge, are in a food rut you just need to get out of, or simply just love eating food that’s full of flavor, easy to make, and impressive, it’s for you! It’s my way of joining you around the kitchen table, virtually. So, let’s get to cooking!
“You learn a lot about someone when you share a meal together.” – Anthony Bourdain
What is the FITK Recipe Challenge?
Fork in the Kitchen aims to inspire you in the kitchen, to help you create easy, elevated meals that are impressive yet completely approachable, and to help provide you with (mostly) meatless recipes regardless of if you’re vegetarian or not. Meatless meals can be flavorful, delicious, and filling, I promise!
These monthly challenges will give you the opportunity to experience a variety of Fork in the Kitchen recipes, try new techniques in the kitchen, and see that meatless meals are totally doable.
Not to mention the chance to win a fun prize every month and pay it forward in my monthly donation for each entry.
THIS MONTH’S RECIPE
We are taking a break from the recipe challenge for a summer break. Enjoy some sunshine, and be sure to let us know which FITK recipes you try in the meantime, it is always wonderful seeing the recipes come to life in your kitchen!
ALL THE RECIPE CHALLENGE DETAILS
HOW TO ENTER THE CHALLENGE
For each recipe submission you’ll follow the following steps to enter the challenge:
- STEP ONE: MAKE THE RECIPE – and enjoy the process along the way! Be sure to take a pic (see step 3!).
- STEP TWO: LEAVE A REVIEW – go to the recipe post you made, and scroll to the bottom, just below the recipe card. Leave your comment and a star rating to let us know how it turned out.
- Please note in the Citrus Pesto Flatbread recipe there is a chance for an extra entry!
- STEP THREE: SNAP & SUBMIT A PHOTO – complete this form and upload your photo to be entered.
- A simple photo of the finished recipe is all we need, there’s no need for styling. Your photo may be shared in the next challenge post on the blog and/or social media.
- BONUS ENTRY: I LOVE seeing FITK recipes come to life in your kitchen, so take that photo and share it on your social channels (Facebook or Instagram)! Be sure to tag @forkinthekitchen and #forkinthekitchen for one bonus entry.
- If your account is private, you’ll need to screenshot it and send me a DM or email it along with your photo submission for it to be counted. I, unfortunately, can’t see tagged photos or stories from private accounts. I will respond to all social posts, and if I don’t, it means I didn’t see it.
The challenge ends June 30, 2021, at 11:59 pm CST. The winner will be selected at random and notified via email and announced in the July recipe challenge post.
Recipe Challenge Prize
By following the steps above, you’ll be automatically entered into Fork in the Kitchen’s monthly recipe challenge.
Please note, the business must ship internationally for an international winner to be chosen.
Giving Back: I will also be donating $2 for every entry to The Trevor Project for Pride Month!
So what do you think?! Are you up for the challenge?
Please leave any questions or comments regarding the challenge below.
A RECAP OF JUNE’S RECIPE CHALLENGE
June’s challenge was all about flatbreads! With quick and easy flatbreads being a staple here at Fork in the Kitchen, there was plenty to choose from!
Each and every submission made my heart sing with happiness! The only that could have made it better was if I could’ve pulled a seat right up next to you.
Check out some of the amazing photos that were entered into this month’s challenge! Thank you for participating!
Here’s a couple of reviews I just have to share:
I cannot express enough how much I appreciate the ease of Becca’s recipes! This one took no time to throw together. It was my first time using burrata cheese, so I wasn’t sure what to expect. It was insanely creamy and delicious! Thanks again for creating another great recipe! – CassieMargherita Flatbread with Burrata
This recipe is so easy and delicious! I use store bough naan/flatbread and it is the perfect weeknight dinner with all the summer flavors. Everyone needs to make this ASAP! – GinaGrilled Peach, Pesto, and Burrata Flatbread
There were 16 entries for this challenge, which means $32 were donated to The Trevor Project in honor of Pride Month, and we rounded it up to $50.
And finally, the winners of June’s recipe challenge were Cassie T. and Marisa J., who were notified via e-mail. Congrats!
Thanks again to everyone who participated in this month’s challenge! I can’t wait to see your entries once we return! Bon Appetit!