Funfetti Vanilla Cupcakes – extra moist, light, and fun cupcakes made with vanilla bean paste.
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 whole eggs, room temperature
- 1 egg white, room temperature
- 1 cup milk
- 3 Tablespoons vanilla paste or extract
- 1/2 cup sprinkles (any except nonpareils – the small balls)
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla paste
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line 24 cupcakes.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Using an electric mixer, beat butter. Add in sugar and continue to cream together. Add eggs one at a time until mixed.
- Alternate adding dry ingredients and milk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients; mix until just together. Stir in vanilla and sprinkles.
- Fill cupcake liners approximately 2/3 full. Bake for 15-17 minutes; remove from oven when cupcakes are set and bounce back when lightly touched. Remove from pan and let cool.
- Begin beating butter, add 1 cup powdered sugar. Add milk and vanilla paste. Continue adding remaining powdered sugar and beat between each additional until mixed well.
- Whip for an additional 3-4 minutes on medium-high speed to create a light, fluffy frosting. Frost cooled cupcakes and top with sprinkles.
*If you don’t have cake flour, create your own:
For every 1 cup of all-purpose flour, remove 2 Tablespoons of the all-purpose flour (you can return it to your canister to save it). Add in 2 Tablespoons of corn starch. Sift together several times.
**I’ve also used almond and coconut milk in these cupcakes without any problems!
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: birthday, spring, baby shower, party, baking