Ultimate Garlic Herb Breadsticks are here to help this week get off to the best start possible!
I have a confession to make. I’ve been holding these breadsticks out on you for a long time. Like, over a year. I’M SO SORRY PLEASE FORGIVE ME, THEY’RE HERE NOW.
All this time, I’ve been make them in conjunction with homemade pizza, or the following night. Homemade pizza for one means extra pizza dough (not complaining here) and what better way to use up extra pizza dough than to make the ultimate breadsticks?
Layered with garlic butter, Italian herbs, parmesan cheese, these breadsticks hit every mark – the flavor, the texture, and the twist. The twist is the best! Does your inner child secretly enjoy it when food is more “fun”. Why have straight breadsticks when you could have twisted ones?
Twisted breadsticks means a fun look – layers of Italian herbs and crusty cheese, intertwined with the soft, chewy dough. So yes, all this time I’d roll up these babies and I finally got around to sharing them with you. I won’t hold out so long again. Promise.
Ultimate Garlic Herb Breadsticks start with half of my favorite pizza dough recipe (you could use the full recipe, just double the rest of the ingredients!). It’s rolled out into a rectangle and then coated with melted GARLIC BUTTER. I’d give just about anything for garlic butter. Next, a layer of Italian herbs – yessssss – then some salty parmesan cheese.
Cut the dough into strips, and the twisting begins! That easy. Especially if you already have the dough lying around.
Serve up these Ultimate Garlic Herb Breadsticks with your favorite marinara sauce – I even use my tomato sauce, because it’s generally jarred in the freezer and delicious.
Ultimate Garlic Herb Breadsticks
- 1/2 pizza dough recipe
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb blend
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt*
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out pizza dough to approximately an 11x14 inch rectangle. Mix together melted butter and garlic, brush approximately 3 tablespoons of the butter on top of dough (I reserve the rest to brush on top of breadsticks). The butter will be thick and may drizzle off of the dough, that's ok!
- Mix together Italian herbs, white pepper, and salt. Sprinkle across the butter. Next, spread parmesan evenly across the herbs. Pat down gently.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into approximately 12 strips. Take a strip, and begin turning from the ends to create a twisted breadstick. Continue twisting all breadsticks, placing them on the baking sheet once twisted. Leave room between the breadsticks. Brush with remaining butter.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.
Gahhhh I’m TOTALLY craving breadsticks now!! Can you come over and make these for me please?! Those herbs are just gorgeous and I’m loving the twists 🙂
Haha! Anything for you and baby 😉 Thanks dear!
nothing better than homemade breadsticks, and your version of them just looks amazing! now I am craving for these, thanks for the recipe 🙂
Haha! Thanks! They’re so tasty – but I’m a sucker for anything covered with butter, garlic, and herbs – oh, and carbs! 🙂
Yes please! I never turn down a good bread stick!!
Oh my goodess, right?! I’m all about ALL OF THE CARBS! 🙂
So delicious! I’ve made these several times and crave them regularly! Another great recipe!
Whoohoo! So happy to hear you love them, too!