Twisty breadsticks loaded with garlic butter, Italian herbs, and parmesan cheese – an excellent side or appetizer!
- 1/2 pizza dough recipe
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Italian herb blend
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt*
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375°F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll out pizza dough to approximately an 11×14 inch rectangle. Mix together melted butter and garlic, brush approximately 3T of the butter on top of dough (I reserve the rest to brush on top of breadsticks). The butter will be thick and may drizzle off of the dough, that’s ok!
- Mix together Italian herbs, white pepper, and salt. Sprinkle across the butter. Next, spread parmesan evenly across the herbs. Pat down gently.
- Using a sharp knife, cut the dough into approximately 12 strips. Take a strip, and begin turning from the ends to create a twisted breadstick. Continue twisting all breadsticks, placing them on the baking sheet once twisted. Leave room between the breadsticks. Brush with remaining butter.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until golden brown. Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
I like to use coarse sea salt for the texture, if you want to use a fine salt just halve the amount. You could also use store bought pizza dough for a quicker turn-around!
- Category: Appetizer