A healthy weeknight dinner – whole wheat pasta, omega-loaded salmon, and a side of veggies! Made a little indulgent with a light lemon butter sauce.
- 5–6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small lemon, juiced and zested
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1/2 lb salmon
- 4–6 ounces whole wheat pasta
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2–4 Tablespoons pasta water
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a small bowl, stir together garlic cloves, lemon juice, lemon zest, melted butter, and red pepper flakes.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Create a salmon packet by cutting two large, equal sized pieces of foil. Place them on top of each other. Place the salmon in the middle of the foil; salt and pepper the top. Spread half of the butter mixture across the top of the salmon (approximately 2-2 1/2 Tablespoons). Top with a lemon slice if desired. Fold together the long sides of the foil and roll up the small edges to create a pouch. Bake for 20-25 minutes until middle is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions, draining in 1-2 minutes before done, being sure to reserve 1/4 cup pasta water.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add the remaining butter mixture, reduce heat, and cook for 2-3 minutes. Deglaze with pasta water (you can start with 2T if you want the sauce thicker, and add up to 4T cup). Add salt and pepper to taste. Add pasta to sauce and toss to coat. Stir in 1 1/2T of the parsley. Top with cooked salmon, use lemon wedges and remaining parsley to garnish.
- Category: Dinner