- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons flax seed
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper (for easy removal later)
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil. Microwave for approximately 30-40 seconds. Stir together.
- Using a food processor, grind flax seed until they begin to break down. Add dates and walnuts, chop until they’ve reached desired consistency for in the bars (I usually chop until they’re about the size of a peanut).
- Add chopped mixture to peanut butter mix, add oats, and stir to combine. Spread evenly in baking pan. Refrigerate until set up enough to cut, approximately 15-20 minutes at least. Cut into 10 bars and either individually wrap or store in an airtight container.
I’ve used both walnuts and pecans in these bars, they both have a good amount of fiber yet a little fat to keep you full, too. Feel free to use whatever kind of nut you prefer.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can chop the nuts and dates by hand and mix in the flax seed whole.
- Category: Snack