Loaded with flax seed, oats, walnuts, dates, and peanut butter, these granola bars will satisfy when the midday hunger strikes!
- 1/2 cup peanut butter (or almond butter)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons flax seed
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 1 1/4 cup oats
- Line an 8×8 or 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper (for easy removal later).
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil. Microwave for approximately 30-40 seconds and stir to combine.
- Using a food processor, add flax seeds dates and walnuts (see note 1). Pulse until a course mixture forms.
- Add the date and walnut mixture to the wet ingredients, add oats, and stir to combine. Press evenly into the prepared baking pan. Refrigerate the bars for at least 15-20 minutes, until the bars are set.
- Slice the bars into 10 servings and either individually wrap or store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer (note 2).
Flax seeds: to grind them up more, add them to your food processor or small blender first before adding the additional ingredients.
Storing the Bars: Wrap the bars individually for easy grab-and-go convenience and store them in the fridge, as they are a little softer than baked granola bars. You can also freeze the bars.
I’ve used both walnuts and pecans in these bars, they both have a good amount of fiber yet a little fat to keep you full, too. Use whichever you prefer.
If you don’t have a food processor, you can chop the nuts and dates by hand and mix in the flax seed whole.
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: Snack
- Serving Size: 1 bar
- Calories: 260
- Sugar: 19.7 g
- Sodium: 61 mg
- Fat: 13.7g
- Carbohydrates: 31.2g
- Fiber: 4.9g
- Protein: 7.6g
Keywords: easy, healthy, vegetarian, dairy free, gluten free