Ok, ok, ok, I know I said that the Homemade Bread recipe was going to be my last recipe before France, but I couldn’t keep a Grapefruit Mint Cocktail from you!
While I’m enjoying wine on the Seine, you deserve to be having a cocktail on the patio, too, wherever you are.
You know I take cocktails while lounging on the patio very seriously, and this one does not disappoint. It’s crisp, it’s refreshing, and it’s not too sweet.
Now, I know mid-June isn’t technically the best grapefruit season, but hear me out. You don’t really need any fresh grapefruits, just grapefruit juice.
The best part is that grapefruit juice is – as you’d probably expect – slightly tart, and definitely not too sweet. Which makes it the perfect addition to a summertime cocktail, don’t you think?
The tart-tanginess is crisp and refreshing, but it’s also balanced by…
Mint Simple Syrup
How can you have a summer cocktail without fresh mint? The answer is simple: you cannot.
If you haven’t tried making a simple syrup at home before, you’re in luck: it’s so simple!
- Add sugar, water, and mint leaves to a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Let cool (and the mint will continue to infuse!).
- Store in a jar in the fridge until ready to use.
Bada-bing, bada-boom. There you have yourself the perfect, simple, slightly sweet addition to any summer cocktail you could dream of!
It’s easy as 1, 2, 3.
- Pour the ingredients over ice.
Really! I mean, go ahead and add a mint leaf or two for garnish. And if you want to get really fancy, you can shake it up. But who doesn’t love the easy and simplicity of pouring, stirring, and going?
Especially on a hot summer evening when you’re ready to chill out?Print
A simple cocktail made with 3 ingredients, and in less than 3 minutes – tart, refreshing, and balanced!
- 5–6 mint sprigs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 oz. vodka
- 4 oz. grapefruit juice
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Make the Simple Syrup: In a small saucepan, add the mint sprigs, sugar, and water. Bring to a simmer over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from heat and let cool, for 15, up to 30, minutes. Strain out mint leaves. Either use immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- For one cocktail: add 1 to 1 1/2 oz. of the simple syrup, 1 1/2 oz. vodka, and 4 oz. of grapefruit juice to a glass filled with ice. Stir until combined and garnish with mint.
Store the remaining simple syrup in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 weeks.
- Category: Beverage
Keywords: party, summer, easy, simple, vodka