This green olive tapenade is a bright, savory addition to a cheese board or appetizer spread! It also makes a great snack on its own!
- 1 1/2 cup green olives (I use Castelvetrano), pitted and drained
- 1/4 tsp anchovy paste
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a food processor (I love my mini one for this recipe!) add all the ingredients except the olive oil. Pulse until combined and gently drizzle in olive oil until desired consistency is reached. You can make it as smooth as youd like – I tend to leave a little bit of texture.
- Add salt and pepper to taste; if I add salt, it’s just a little bit since the olives and anchovy paste bring in a salty brine.
- Serve with baguette crisps, crackers, or veggies!
Vegan Option: you can replace the anchovy paste with 1/4 tsp (~7-8) capers that are rinsed. Otherwise, just omit in and add a bit of salt.
- Category: Appetizer
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: easy, simple, snack, france