These easy green salad recipes are loaded with texture, and flavor, and are anything but boring! Enjoy them as a meal on their own or serve them as a side to just about any main dish from grilled meat or seafood, to pizza and pasta, or soup.
If there is one thing I know for certain it’s this: far too many containers of mixed greens go unused and are left sitting sad and lonely in the back of fridges everywhere. But not anymore!
With this collection of mixed green salad recipes, you’ll never throw out a sad lonely container of lettuce again. Instead, you’re going to be serving flavor-filled and texture-loaded salads alongside main dishes and even as your main!
These simple salads range from bold and vibrant flavors that are hearty enough to stand on their own as a main dish (maybe you’ll serve with a side of baguette because…of course why wouldn’t you?!).
Others are more go-with-the-flow and can be mixed and matched with whatever main dish you’re serving up, from salmon to shrimp, to stuffed mushrooms, to lasagna, or flatbreads. Many are vegetarian or vegan and can be tossed for a crowd or a dinner for two.
So, let’s get to the salads now, shall we?!
The Best Vegetarian Green Salad Recipes
Green Salads with Seafood
20+ Green Salad Recipes: Bright Spring Vegetable Salad
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces (~2 1/2 – 3 cups)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 cup snap peas
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 cup almond slices
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 1/2 – 2 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon honey, sub maple syrup for vegan
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- Bring a large saucepan filled with salted water to a boil and prepare an ice bath. Add chopped asparagus to boiling water and cook for 4-5 minutes, depending on thickness, until slightly tender. Add frozen peas with 1 minute remaining. Transfer immediately to an ice bath.
- Meanwhile, add snap peas, arugula, and almond slices to a large bowl, and set aside.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk together lemon zest and juice, mint, honey, dijon mustard, garlic, salt, and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking to combine. Taste for salt and pepper levels and adjust as needed.
- Drain the vegetables from the ice bath and toss with the remaining salad ingredients and dressing. Serve immediately. If serving the salad later, store the dressing in an airtight container and toss immediately before serving.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.