A potato salad you can feel good about – half potatoes, half cauliflower mixed with a light tangy dressing, celery, and red bell pepper!
- 3 cups potatoes, 1/2 inch dice (approx. 2 medium Yukon gold)
- 3 cups cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1 Tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons shallot, finely chopped
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup celery, thinly diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- Chives and/or parsley for garnish
- Place diced potatoes into a large saucepan, fill 2/3 with water, a pinch of salt, and bring to a boil. Once water is boiling, continue to boil for 2-3 additional minutes. Add in cauliflower and boil for another 4-5 minutes until a fork is just able to pierce through. Do not overcook, or the cauliflower will be mushy, and no one wants that!
- Once the vegetables are done cooking, drain and rinse with cold water (or place in an ice bath).
- Meanwhile, mix together mayonnaise, mustard, apple cider vinegar, shallot, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and parsley. Add celery and red bell pepper. Mix in potatoes and cauliflower; stir until all is coated. Garnish with chives and/or parsley.