An easy olive oil dip loaded with herbs and roasted garlic, making it a super flavorful appetizer! Serve with warm crusty bread for the ultimate experience!
- 1 whole garlic bulb
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 cup high-quality olive oil + drizzle for garlic
- ~1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ~1/4 tsp sea salt, to taste
- ~1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Half of a lemon, juiced (~1/2 – 1 TBSP)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Remove excess paper from the exterior of the garlic bulb, and cut the top of the bulb off, exposing the top of the cloves inside. Place in the center of a piece of foil that’s large enough to cover the bulb. Drizzle with olive oil and add a pinch of salt. Wrap foil around the bulb, and roast in the oven for 20-25 minutes until tender and golden brown. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Meanwhile, combine dried herbs, olive oil, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper in a small dish. Add the squeeze of lemon. Once garlic has cooled enough to handle, flip upside down and squeeze out the garlic bulbs. Combine with the rest of the ingredients. Let sit for approximately 30 minutes to allow the flavor to develop (the longer the better!).
- Serve with warm crusty bread and enjoy!
Substitution Options: Use balsamic vinegar in place of lemon juice. Add in parmesan cheese for extra yumminess!
Use fresh herbs instead of dry by doubling the amount listed. If using fresh basil, add right before serving as it will brown.
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. Remove approximately 1 hour before serving so the olive oil comes back to room temperature (especially in the case that it’s solidified).
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: easy, appetizer, date night, restaurant, olive oil, simple, vegan, vegetarian, dairy free