Fresh pasta filled with a mixture of ricotta and parmesan cheese, mixed with fresh basil, lemon zest, and nutmeg for just the right amount of flavor.
- Make fresh pasta and let it rest as directed. Spread additional semolina flour on a baking sheet and set aside. Roll out dough into two long rectangles using a pasta machine. Begin to boil a large stockpot full of well-salted water.
- Mix together ricotta, parmesan, lemon zest, basil, salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Using a small scoop, place a ball of filling on one half of the dough, approximately 1 inch apart.
- Fold half of the dough over the filling and press down around the filling to seal the dough together. Using a cutter or knife, cut between each filling to create the individual ravioli pockets. Place the ravioli on the prepared baking sheet until ready to boil. Continue making ravioli with the remaining dough and filling.
- Once the water is at a rolling boil, cook the ravioli pockets in batches. Be sure to not overcrowd the pan. Pasta will take approximately 2-4 minutes to cook to al dente, depending on the size of the ravioli. Once they begin floating, remove from the pasta water and place into the sauce. You can also plate them and spread the sauce on top. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese and basil as desired!
To freeze ravioli: lay out on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Place in freezer until completely frozen. Transfer ravioli into a freezer bag. When ready to use, boil as directed above. Note: these aren’t as good frozen, but will do in a pinch 🙂
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1/4 serving
- Calories: 266
- Sodium: 627mg
- Fat: 9g
- Carbohydrates: 30.7g
- Fiber: 1.3g
- Protein: 15g
Keywords: vegetarian, comfort, pasta, date night