Homemade granola packed with almonds, hazelnuts, pepitas, and sunflower seeds, bursting with warm and cozy cinnamon. Keep it on hand for a quick breakfast or easy snack!
- 3/4 cup whole almonds
- 1/2 cup whole hazelnuts
- 1/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/3 cup pepitas/pumpkin seeds
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup flavorless oil (I used vegetable)
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup maple syrup (plus a little extra for love)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP cinnamon
- 1/2 – 1 tsp fine sea salt
- Optional: pinch of nutmeg
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Line a baking sheet with parcment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the almonds, hazelnuts, sunflower seeds, pepitas, and oats. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, brown sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg if using. Pour over the granola mixture and stir to combine (you’ll add the cranberries once it’s done baking!).
- Spread into an even layer – but still touching – on the baking sheet. Press down firmly with the back of a spatula. Bake for 12-15 minutes, and flip/stir the granola. Be sure to press down firmly again at this point to create the clusters. Bake for an additional 10-12 minutes until slightly golden brown and dry.
- Place baking sheet on a cooling rack if possible, and let cool completely before removing from the pan. This will help the granola stick together to create clusters! Once cool, break apart the granola and stir in the dried cranberries. Store in an airtight container.
Try to use unsalted nuts/seeds as much as possible. If you are unable, it’s ok to use salted, just reduce the amount of extra salt you add.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: from scratch, vegetarian, vegan, easy, snack