Honey Lime Dressing has been in the rotation for years.
We’re going all the way back to FITK’s first year in existence with this Southwest Salad, which is a deliciously texture-loaded salad. But the dressing? The dressing is equally amazing with bright lime, slightly sweet from the honey, and ultimately savory from shallot and garlic.
It’s so good it finally deserved its very own recipe post.
There are so many opportunities for this little dressing, and it takes less than 5 minutes to throw together, which means it can always be found in my fridge (soon to be yours, too!).
We need a few simple ingredients to make this dressing. If I were a betting woman (which, ok, I’m not really), I’d say you are likely to have most if not all of them in your kitchen right now, too!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Honey – slightly sweet and oh so good! Use honey you love the taste of!
- Lime Juice and Zest – fresh lime is 100% the way to go here. First zest the lime for added brightness in the dressing, then go ahead and juice it up!
- Shallot – adds a mild and slightly sweet onion flavor without being overpowering.
- Garlic – can I have a dressing without garlic? Probably not (hah!). Mince the garlic to ensure it incorporates throughout the dressing, or you’ll be left with larger chunks that might not be preferred.
- Olive Oil – emulsify the dressing with high-quality olive oil.
How to Make a Simple Dressing
While some dressings use the blender (and you could for this recipe if you wanted…), we’re simply whisking together the ingredients.
Start by combining all of the ingredients except the olive oil. Then slowly whisk in the olive oil to emulsify the dressing (fancy word for combining it together into a uniform mixture).
Don’t forget to taste test and adjust the salt levels as desired. You could also adjust the honey or lime to your preferences.
If you need an even more shortcut method, you can put all the ingredients in a mason jar, twist on the lid, and shake until it’s all combined. Easy-peasy!
Store this vinaigrette in the fridge in an airtight container; it will keep for up to a week. I like using mason jars for ease (which makes that shaking method even more appealing!).
The oil will solidify in the fridge, so you will want to bring it to room temperature before using it again, which shouldn’t take too long.
Ways to Use This Sweet-and-Savory Dressing
The unique twist of honey and lime in this dressing lends itself to a unique blend of sweet and savory recipes.
It also makes a great marinade for proteins, especially chicken and shrimp.
You can also use it in sweet dessert-type recipes by omitting the garlic and shallot and tossing it with fresh fruit.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating and review in the form below. I appreciate your feedback, and it helps others, too!
Get the Recipe Fresh 5-Minute Honey Lime Dressing
- Whisk together lime zest, lime juice, garlic, shallot, and honey in a medium bowl or mason jar.
- Slowly pour in olive oil while whisking until all ingredients are combined. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge. The oil will likely solidify; bring to room temperature before using again.