Soft sugar cookies topped with coconut whipped cream fresh berries, and kiwi; a healthier alternative to traditional fruit pizza!
You guys. I’m so excited for these fruit pizzas. They are so perfectly spring, so gorgeous, and absolutely tasty.
I’ve been so inspired by spring lately – the warmer days, extra sunshine, and the promise that summer is right around the corner. With that promise comes in season berries – my favorite – that make these Individual Fruit Pizzas over the top delicious.
There’s nothing better than fresh berries, right?
Aside from fresh berries, these fruit pizzas are even better because they’re a wee bit healthier than your traditional fruit pizza, which is typically made with a cream cheese frosting of sorts.
Not that I have issues with cream cheese frosting…
But we all know summer is coming, and I just booked some major plane tickets (!!!) so making sure I’m staying a little on the healthier track is super important (still within balance though, of course!).
Healthier Fruit Pizzas
Not only does the coconut whipped cream make these fruit pizzas a little healthier, but it’s so light, a little bit sweet, and completely ties together the flavors of the sugar cookie and berries.
Trust me, if you’re a cream cheese lover too, you’re not even going to miss it.
Speaking of the cookies… these are the most perfect sugar cookies ever.
Even though they’re “just” sugar cookies there’s not one boring part of the cookies.
They’re light, fluffy, and totally melt in your mouth >>> the perfect base for the coconut whipped cream and fresh berries!
Keeping them normal cookies size makes these fruit pizzas individual sized, which basically in my book translates to me thinking I can eat six and convince myself it’s not that much.
The individual and grab-and-go nature of these fruit pizzas means they’re perfect for holidays, bridal showers, baby showers, Mother’s Day… all those spring activities you have planned that require healthy-ish, delicious finger food!
You could even turn them into a “build your own” fruit pizza! Line up the cookies, coconut whipped cream, a variety of berries and kiwi and let your guests go to town building their own Individual Fruit Pizzas!
Now go throw a party just to make these fruit pizzas.
Individual Fruit Pizzas with Coconut Whip
- 1/2 cup butter room temperature
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 can coconut milk I use unsweetened, refrigerated*
- 2 teaspoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 kiwis peeled, halved, and cut into thin pieces
- 1 cup strawberries quartered
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup raspberries
- Coconut flakes to garnish
- Using an electric mixer, cream together butter, vegetable oil, white sugar, and powdered sugar. Beat in egg. Add in flour, cream of tartar, vanilla, baking soda, and salt. Mix thoroughly and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Roll dough into 1 inch balls. Flatten with a sugar-dipped glass (dampen bottom of the glass and dip in sugar). Bake for 8-10 minutes until slightly beginning to brown. Let cool on cooling rack.
- Remove the can of coconut milk from the fridge*. Open it from the bottom using a can opener, and drain the liquid (I reserve for future use). Remove the solid coconut cream and place in your cold mixing bowl. Add sugar and vanilla. Whip on high for 4-5 minutes until light and creamy.
- Spread approximately 1-2 teaspoons of coconut whip on each cookie. Decorate with kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. Top with coconut flakes as desired.