Melt-in-your-mouth mascarpone pancakes brightened up with lemon, and topped with a sweet strawberry sauce!
- 1 TBSP sugar
- 1 lemon, zested, and juiced (~2 TBSP), divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup mascarpone, room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 TBSP water
- 4 TBSP sugar
- 16 oz. frozen whole strawberries
- Combine 1 TBSP sugar with lemon zest and rub between fingers to release the oil from the zest and infuse the sugar. Add flour, baking powder, and salt; stir to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together egg, room temerapture mascarpone, milk, cooled melted butter, and 1 tablespoon lemon juice.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and stir until just combined. Let sit while the pan heats up over medium-high. Place approximately 1/4 cup of batter on a buttered griddle; wait until bubbles appear on the batter’s surface, and pop, then flip. You’ll want to lower the heat to medium, or medium-low as the pan continues to heat.
- Strawberry Sauce: before beginning the pancakes, or as the pancakes cook, add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons water, 4 tablespoons sugar, and the strawberries to a medium-high saucepan over medium heat. Simmer for approximately 10 minutes until strawberries soften. Mash the strawberries gently with the back of a spoon to desired consistency. The longer you simmer, and once the sauce cools, it will thicken.
- Once pancakes are cooked, serve with warm strawberry sauce. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
It’s key to have the mascarpone at room temperature so it easily whisks in!
While making the pancakes, keep cooked ones warm in the oven at 200°F (or the warming function) on an oven-safe cooling rack to allow circulation of the heat – and prevent sogginess!
Reheat pancakes in the oven – 350°F for 3-5 minutes until warmed through.
- Category: Breakfast
Keywords: brunch, valentine's day, easy