Mahi Mahi Tacos with Sriracha Slaw are light and refreshing, making them the perfect summer dinner!
Ok, so it’s Monday, and we all know what that means – no one wants to go back to work, it’s hard to wake up, and 842 unexpected things happen and you just want to scream, asking if the day is over yet. Right?
And the last thing you want to do is make some elaborate meal to feed you, your significant other, or your children. I know, I get it. Which is where Mahi Mahi Tacos with Sriracha Slaw comes into play – because you can give your self/S.O./children a nutritious, flavorful meal in no time.
There are only 4 things you need to do:
- Marinade the fish which can happen as you…
- Chop of the cabbage for the Sriracha slaw
- Pan fry the fish until golden, tender, and juicy
- Assemble, serve, eat
And I shouldn’t even really count that last step, should I? You’re going to be itching to flake the fish into perfectly cooked, bite sized pieces, and it will be a miracle if you get in the taco before picking a piece up and doing some side taste testing (kind of like at Thanksgiving. We all do it, it’s ok).
Ever since discovering the fresh seafood market down the road (thank you Shrimp Scampi), I have been obsessed with grabbing some local fish and making whatever with it – except this is my new all time favorite. Hands down.
The Sriracha slaw adds a perfect crunch and the spicy, creamy sauce compliments the flavor of the fish so well, but you won’t have to go through an extra step of creating a special sauce. Life just got so much easier.
Oh, and I can’t forget to tell you, you wouldn’t regret it if you go ahead and serve this with some Mango Salsa – because if there’s one thing that goes better with fish tacos than a creamy sauce, it’s mango salsa. And with two kind of peppers in this mango salsa, you get a little more kick to go with the sweet and ohhhhh it all works out so. gosh. darn. perfectly.
Really step it up a level and make your own flour tortillas! So. Good.
Show me what you’ve been cookin’ this summer! I’d love to see if you made this or any other recipe, tag Fork in the Kitchen (or #forkinthekitchen) on Facebook, Instagram, or send over a snap (forkinkitchen). YAY for summertime!
Get the Recipe Mahi Mahi Tacos with Sriracha Slaw
- For the marinade: Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, cilantro, and chili powder. Pat Mahi filets dry and sprinkle with salt. Add fish filets to a bowl, cover with marinade, making sure the filets are coated. Marinade for 15-20 minutes.
- In the meantime, create the Sriracha Slaw by whisking together Sriracha, mayonnaise, cilantro, and salt to taste. Add cabbage and mix to coat.
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add 2 Tablespoons olive oil to pan. Remove fish from marinade and place skin side down in skillet. Cook for 6-8 minutes (you may need to cook longer, depending on thickness of filets); flip filets and cook for an additional 3-4 minutes. Be careful as some oil may splatter. Remove from pan and flake apart.
- Layer Mahi Mahi and Sriracha Slaw on a warm tortilla and garnish as desired.