Bringing you another simple summer recipe today… because really, what is summer without simple, delicious food?!
Even more important – what is summer without simple, delicious DESSERTS?!
And now these juicy grilled peaches.
These aren’t just any grilled peaches though, they’ve got a creamy, rich mascarpone dollop on top and are drizzled with a sweet brown sugar-honey sauce. Insert all the heart-eyed emojis here.
I can’t be the only one who
is in the middle of gets done with dinner and immediately craves something sweet to end the evening. I also can’t be the only one who doesn’t want to spend a whole lotta time figuring out what that something sweet will be – or doing loads of dishes/spending loads of time/finding loads of ingredients.
Mascarpone Grilled Peaches with Honey Sauce are IT for the rest of the summer. We’re looking at warm, sweet, juicy summer peaches, slightly caramelized from grilling, balanced with slightly tangy mascarpone cheese, sweet honey drizzle, and refreshing summertime basil.
The most daunting thing might appear to be the honey sauce… so let’s look a little more closely.
- Brown Sugar
- Simmer for 2 minutes
Number 4 shouldn’t even be there, because drizzling = eating. You can handle those steps, right? Super easy, one pan, 2 minutes, and you’re done. The peaches grill – probably on the already-hot-grill from your Carrot Dog dinner – you dollop on some mascarpone, drizzle the honey sauce and basil, and THAT’S IT!
3 steps and you’ve got yourself one heck of a simple summer recipe.Print
Caramelized grilled peaches topped with creamy mascarpone and a sweet honey drizzle – plus a little basil to balance it all out!
- 1 Tablespoon salted butter, melted
- 4 peaches, halved
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 4 oz. mascarpone cheese
- 4–6 basil leaves, chopped
- Brush halved peaches with melted butter. Place on a heated grill, or grill pan, over medium-high heat. Grill until just soft and warm throughout (approximately 3-4 minutes, turning as needed).
- Meanwhile, or once the peaches have finished cooking, whisk together brown sugar and honey in a small saucepan. Heat on low and simmer for 2 minutes, until sugars have dissolved. Set aside.*
- Top each grilled peaches with approximately 1 teaspoon of mascarpone, a drizzle of honey sauce, and a few basil leaves.
- The honey sauce will harden as it cools, so time it out that you can use it shortly after it’s dissolved together.
- Adapt to the amount of peaches you want (or need)! You’ll likely have extra ingredients to continue enjoying!
- Category: Dessert