Summer on repeat: this Mediterranean Pasta Salad is a flavorful, yet easy, addition to your cookouts or as a vegetarian lunch!
- 2 TBSP lemon juice (1 lemon)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- ~1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper (more to taste)
- ~1/2 tsp fine sea salt (or to taste)
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- 12 oz. dried mini farfalle or orzo
- 1 medium cucumber, diced small
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1/3 cup jarred banana peppers, chopped
- 1 medium shallot bulb, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 cup feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup niçoise olives*
- In a jar with a lid (or a bowl) combine lemon juice, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, black pepper, salt, red wine vinegar, and olive oil. Shake to combine, or whisk together if using a bowl. Taste test and adjust salt/pepper as needed.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta as directed on the package, making sure they are al dente when done. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- While the pasta cooks, prepare the veggies and toss together in a bowl. Once pasta is rinsed and cool, toss it with the other ingredients and the dressing. Serve immediately or place in the fridge to cool and serve as a cold pasta salad.
Sub kalamata olives for a brinier taste; or black olives for a more mild taste.
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. The pasta will absorb the dressing, so you may want to add more or a drizzle of olive oil before eating it, the longer it is stored.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: vegetarian, easy, summer, quick