Melon Salad with Feta and Basil combines refreshing summer watermelon and cantaloupe with a light and mildly tangy dressing, red onion slivers, feta, and fresh basil. It’s easy, healthy, and the perfect appetizer or lunch salad to cool off with on hot summer days!
- 4 cups watermelon, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups cantaloupe, cubed into 1 inch pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chiffonade (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup feta
- 1 Tablespoon lime juice (approximately half of a lime)
- Dash of red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Add cubed watermelon, cubed cantaloupe, red onion, basil, and feta to a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, add fresh lime juice, red wine vinegar, and salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in olive oil while whisking. Pour over melon mixture and stir to combine.
- Top with additional feta and basil if desired.
If you’d like to make a smaller portion, just make sure you have equal parts watermelon and cantaloupe.
- Category: Salad