A healthy, detox-like salad that is perfect for quick lunches or a simple dinner side!
- 1 cup dried quinoa
- 1 small green bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 2/3 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 2–3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 TBSP high-quality olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Optional: 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Optional: 1/3 cup feta crumbles
- Optional: 1/3 cup chopped pistachios
- Cook quinoa according to package instructions. For the Instant Pot: place dried quinoa with 1 1/4 cup stock or water in the pot. Cook on high pressure for 1 minute and quick release the steam carefully. Drain out excess water after either cooking method.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir to toss with the lemon juice and olive oil. Adjust salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately or store in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days.
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Middle Eastern
Keywords: vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, gluten free, healthy