Fall’s favorite flavor, pumpkin, is paired with its sidekick coconut and topped with a sweet coconut pecan crumble. These mini muffins will keep you coming back for more!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons pecan chips
- 2 Tablespoons shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 24 mini muffin tins*. Mix together all of the crumble ingredients and set aside.
- Stir together dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Set aside.
- Melt butter and let cool slightly. Whisk in egg, vanilla extract, pumpkin puree, and shredded coconut.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry and stir to combine (batter will be slightly thick). Be careful to not over mix. Fill muffin liners 3/4 of the way full (almost to the top) and place approximately 1 teaspoon (or as much as desired) crumble on top of each muffin.
- Bake muffins for 12-14 minutes until they bounce back when tapped lightly.
You can also make these in regular muffin pans; the recipe will yield approximately 9 regular sized muffins.
I tested this recipe using both sweetened “angel flake” (or longer) shredded coconut as well as a fine unsweetened shredded coconut. I personally enjoyed the larger shreds (as is photographed) for texture, but the finer shreds worked too!
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: fall, breakfast, brunch, easy, healthy, pumpkin spice