Simple, pan-seared salmon is topped with a salty, savory glaze, making a healthy, easy dinner ready in under 20 minutes!
The end of this week is comin’ in hot with Miso Ginger Glazed Salmon.
I feel pretty confident saying this is about to become your favorite healthy dinner recipe. Especially since summer is quickly approaching, and if you’re anything like my current state of mind, it’s all about getting back to a healthy routine.
I’ve been experimenting with miso on and off over the past year, starting with this Broccoli and Orange Miso Pasta (quite literally… how ironic this life is).
I had to wait until the next perfect recipe came along before posting the next one. Inspired by a lovely meal I had at Agra Culture, Miso Ginger Glazed Salmon is the perfect miso recipe. It’s here friends, let’s see what it’s all about.
…red pepper flakes
…white miso paste
And a whole lotta YUM. It’s intense with flavor – between the miso, soy, and ginger you get this balance of fresh, salty, and super savory flavors.
The only other ingredient you need is the salmon. Perfectly pan seared salmon, with its crispy skin and moist, tender flakes of fish. The pan-seared salmon is amazing on its own, but add on the Miso Ginger Glaze and BAM – your taste buds are going to go on the ride of their lives.
During the last few minutes of cooking the salmon, you’ll add the Miso Ginger Glaze to the pan. I like to “swoosh” the pan at this point, shaking it back and forth to spread the sauce and coat the top of the salmon as it cooks. Once the salmon is cooked through, you’ll remove it from the skillet and let the glaze simmer and reduce until thick.
Pour the reduced glaze that’s gingery-salty-umami goodness over your salmon and your healthy dinner is complete just. like. that. Seriously –> in less than twenty minutes this fantabulously flavorful and healthy dinner is YOURS.
I highly recommend serving it with rice to balance out the intense flavor of the Miso Ginger Glaze, and broccoli is basically the best veggie side there could be with this Asian inspired dish. I call it the winning trio – a perfectly balanced meal that you’ll want to make over, and over, and over…
And the perfect dessert to pair with it? Coconut Rice Pudding!
Miso Ginger Glazed Salmon
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable broth or water
- Dash red pepper flakes, optional
- 4 salmon filets, approx. 1 pound
- 2-3 teaspoons olive, coconut, or avocado oil
- Green onions for garnish, optional
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, ginger, miso, garlic, onion powder, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, vegetable broth (or water). Set aside.
- Pat salmon filets dry using a paper towel. Salt and pepper both sides. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Place salmon filets in hot skillet, skin side down. Cook for 5-6 minutes, pressing flat with a spatula. Flip filets and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes; pour in the sauce and "swoosh" around in the pan.
- Cook salmon for an additional 2-3 minutes until cooked through. Remove salmon from skillet and set aside, topping with any remaining sauce. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds as desired. Serve with rice.
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.