Miso Ginger Glazed Salmon- simple, pan-seared salmon is topped with a salty, savory glaze, making a healthy, easy dinner ready in under 20 minutes!
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, grated
- 2 teaspoons white miso paste
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable broth or water
- Dash red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 salmon filets (approx. 1 pound)
- 2–3 teaspoons olive, coconut, or avocado oil
- Green onions for garnish (optional)
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, ginger, miso, garlic, onion powder, sesame oil, red pepper flakes, vegetable broth (or water). Set aside.
- Pat salmon filets dry using a paper towel. Salt and pepper both sides. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place salmon filets in hot skillet, skin side down. Cook for 5-6 minutes, pressing flat with a spatula. Flip filets and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes; pour in the sauce and “swoosh” around in the pan. Cook salmon for an additional 2-3 minutes until cooked through.
- Remove salmon from skillet and set aside. Continue to reduce the sauce for an additional 1-2 minutes. Remove from heat and spoon over salmon. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds as desired. Serve with rice.
You can easily make 2 salmon filets and either halve the sauce or just have a little extra goodness 🙂 Thin out the sauce with additional broth/water if you find it too intense.