An indulgent cookie bar filled with peanut butter, chocolate, and oatmeal. Guaranteed to make you reach for more (and possibly not even share!).
- 1/2 cup butter, softened at room temperature
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (heaping) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats (rolled oats)
- 1.5 cups (heaping) chocolate chips*
- Pre-heat the oven to 350° F. Line an 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric mixer, combine the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Add the flour, egg, peanut butter, baking soda, vanilla, and salt to the mixing bowl. Mix until well combined. Stir in the oatmeal and chocolate chips.
- Spread evenly in your pan (top with additional chocolate chips as desired for looks – and, chocolate!). Bake for 16-20 minutes until edges begin to brown. It’s ok if the middle seems a bit underdone – it’s like cookies, you don’t want them over baked.
I like to use milk chocolate chips in these bars, however, semi-sweet or a combination of the two are just as delicious!
You can use a 9×9 pan, the bars just won’t be quite as thick. Reduce baking time slightly if doing so.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dessert bars, chocolate chip cookie bars, kid friendly, easy recipe