A simple take on the classic Salade Niçoise – fresh green beans, tomatoes, and a hard boiled egg paired with leafy lettuce and tuna.
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 TBSP red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- ~1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 TBSP olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- ~30 fresh green beans
- 2 eggs
- 1 tomato
- 1 small shallot, thinly sliced
- 4 cups mixed greens
- ~2/3 cup canned or jarred tuna
- Flaky sea salt, to top
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
- Prepare an ice bath by placing ice and water in a large bowl. In a small saucepan, cover the eggs with water. Bring to a boil and cook the eggs for 6-7 minutes. Transfer immediately to the ice bath.
- Fill a large saucepan with water and salt. Bring to a boil and add the green beans; cook for 2-3 minutes and transfer immediately to an ice bath for approximately 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, slice the tomatoes in quarters and place in a colander (either on top of a bowl or sink to drain). Sprinkle with salt and let the tomatoes drain out some of their juices.
- Assemble the salad by tossing the greens with the dressing (using as much or as little dressing as you desire); plate in two servings and top with the green beans, tomato slices, hard boiled eggs (cut in quarters), thinly sliced shallot, and tuna (all divided between the two salads :)). A sprinkle of flaky sea salt on top is a must – it brings out all the flavors!
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: easy, summer, france, healthy