No Bake Apple Granola Bars are here for a midweek pick-me-up!
I got lucky. We had a snow day on Monday, so this week had a pretty good start. Especially considering it’s March, in Minnesota, and snow days are rare
It totally threw my brain for a loop though. Do you ever have those mornings where you forget everything? It probably started when I was woken up in the middle of the night to my dishes crashing down (talk about terrifying!). Then, I left my coffee on the counter, and my work shoes in a bag on the floor (requiring me to wear my large, clunky rain boots all day long). Then, I got to school and for the life of me, I couldn’t remember if I turned off my curling iron. So basically I was anxious the entire day, thinking I would come home to a burnt down apartment.
Lucky for me, again, I had meal prepped these No Bake Apple Cinnamon Granola Bars on Sunday, threw them in my lunch bag, and had breakfast ready! I never forget about food – even on the craziest of mornings.
I’m obsessed with these new granola bars. They’re chewy, slightly crunchy, and only require EIGHT ingredients. Ingredients you likely have hanging out in your pantry, begging to be turned into Apple Cinnamon Granola Bars.
Plus, who can argue with NO BAKE bars?! Sorry for all the shouting, my passion just totally comes through when there’s a busy week, and you find a recipe that meets all your time and prep requirements (see: lack of time and prep).
The variety of textures in these bars is spot on, too. You’ll love the classic oats, combined with crunchy cashews, chewy dates, and the crisp crunch from the apple chips! Those apple chips… adding such a unique and fun texture, crunch, and sweet apple flavor!
Go ahead, this week can still be spectacular!Print
A quick, no bake granola bar recipe full of crunch, texture, and needs only 8 ingredients! No refined sugar, gluten, or dairy!
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 Tablespoons peanut butter
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 cup dates (10-12), roughly chopped
- 2 cups oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple chips, chopped
- 1/4 cup honey
- Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper (I like to spray the pan with a bit of oil before so the paper sticks). In a small microwave safe bowl, melt coconut oil and peanut butter in 15 second intervals. You just want to make sure if your coconut oil is solid, it melts. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse cashews a few times until roughly chopped. Add dates and continue pulsing until combined and mixed together (small pebble sized).
- In a mixing bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, and apple chips. Drizzle in honey, add coconut oil and peanut butter mix, and the dates/cashews. Stir to combine.
- Spread evenly in baking pan. Refrigerate for approximately 2 hours until bars are set up. Cut into rectangles or squares as desired.
- Category: Breakfast
This post contains Amazon Affiliate Links. Thank you for your continued support!