No Bake Chocolate Cookies – creamy, chocolatey cookies that are a mix of peanut butter and oats; made in one pan, without baking, they’re quick and easy – perfect for a last minute get-together!
Well, the holidays have come and gone, but since Santa ate all my cookies I’ve had major cookie cravings going on. Especially ones that require next to no work.
But first! How were your holidays?! Any favorite family traditions or new ones that were made?
We headed down to Iowa to visit my Grandparents for Christmas for the first time since I was a little girl. It was so wonderful to have time with my grandparents on Christmas. We had the traditional Chicken and Noodles on Christmas Eve, Homemade Buttermilk Cinnamon Rolls on Christmas morning, and lots of laughs.
When we arrived my Grandma had spreads of all of my favorite family recipes, too: Christmas sugar cookies, Pumpkin Bars, and Nut Butter Cookies (here is my version). She even made an apple pie with a crumble topping that was eerily similar to this pie.
Needless to say, my food and family soul is filled to the brim! But you can’t ever have enough cookies. So back to the next-to-no-work cookies I’ve got for you today. These are perfect for last minute get-togethers with friends and family that are still in town, or for a New Years Eve Day football party.
Your oven doesn’t even need to turn on (see: no bake). Using one pot (yes, ONE POT!) you’ll mix ingredients together, then scoop them out and let them dry. Ok, really, that easy. Before you know it you’ll have creamy, chocolatey, semi-chewy (from the oats) cookies.
But don’t take my word for it. See how easy it is yourself…
No Bake Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter 1 stick
- 4 Tablespoons high-quality cocoa powder
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons evaporated milk
- 3 cups oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large saucepan, bring butter, sugar, cocoa, and evaporated milk to a boil, continuously stirring. Boil for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter, oats, and vanilla extract until combined.
- Drop dollops (I use a 1″ ice cream scoop). Let cookies cool. Store in an airtight container.