Creamy no-bake bars with a light, luscious cream cheese and whipped cream filling, topped with plenty of extra Oreos and a crisp Oreo crust!
- 44 Oreo cookies, divided
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- Put a metal mixing bowl in the fridge or freezer to chill for whipped cream. Meanwhile, in a food processor, add 28 Oreo cookies. Pulse until a coarse mixture forms. Add melted butter and continue pulsing until a fine crumb forms. Press evenly into a 9×9 baking dish, use the back of a measuring cup to help compact the crumbs. Chill in fridge for at least 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the heavy cream, vanilla extra, and sugar to the chilled mixing bowl. Beat on medium-high for approximately 2 minutes until peaks form, being careful to not over beat. Transfer to a bowl and place in fridge.
- Using the same mixing bowl (no extra dishes here!), add softened cream cheese and beat for 3-5 minutes until soft and whipped. Carefully fold whipped cream into the cream cheese. Crush 8 Oreos and fold into whipped mixture. Spread mixture onto crust. Crush the remaining 8 Oreos and reserve or top (see note).
- Chill bars for at least 1 hour before serving. Keep chilled as much as possible for best results. Cut into 9 large bars, or smaller ones as desired.
If bars will be chilling for an extended amount of time, I like to top with the additional Oreos right before serving to make sure they don’t get soggy. If serving same day, top before chilling without an issue.
You can make the bars 1 day ahead of time (just reserve the topped Oreos until serving!).
- Category: Dessert
Keywords: easy, summer, no bake, sweet, party, potluck, cookout, 4th of july