A dessert dressed to impress! A subtle tone of Nutella in a creamy custard base with a brûléed sugar top layer. Garnish with strawberries for a delectable dessert!
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 5 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Nutella, slightly melted
- 1/4 cup sugar plus additional for topping
- Strawberries for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Heat cream over medium heat until bubbles begin to surface; remove from heat and cool slightly (5-8 minutes). Microwave Nutella for approximately 15-30 seconds until slightly melty – it doesn’t take long!
- Meanwhile, whisk egg yolks and sugar until light yellow. Add Nutella. Temper in a bit of the cooled cream (~1/3 cup), swirl together, and then pour back into remaining cream. Stir to combine. If needed, and I’d recommend, running mixture through a sieve before placing into ramekins in case any of the egg cooked.
- Fill 4 6-oz. ramekins or 6 4-oz. ramekins. in a baking dish; fill dish with water halfway up the ramekins to create a water bath. Cover with foil and bake for 33-40 minutes, until centers are just set.
- Let cool completely on a cooling rack, approximately 30-45 minutes, then place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Sprinkle on about a tablespoon of sugar, evenly spread across the top. Using a culinary torch, heat sugar until it melts and caramelizes. Let cool slightly. Alternatively, place ramekins under broiler for approximately 2 minutes, watching carefully so they don’t burn.
- Serve immediately with strawberries as desired.