This easy one-pan vegetarian meal is perfect for those weeknights when you don’t know what to make. With a few pantry ingredients, it comes together in about 20 minutes.
- 5 TBSP unsalted butter, divided
- 1 TBSP extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups yellow onion, diced
- 3–4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into 1-inch pieces (~1 cup)
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, julienned
- 16 oz. dried orecchiette pasta
- 5 cups vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, freshly shredded
- Heat a large sauté pan or dutch oven over medium heat. Add 2 TBSP butter and the olive oil and let melt. Add the onion, garlic, and broccolini to the pan, stirring to coat. Add a pinch of red pepper flakes and salt (continuing to layer in salt throughout the cooking process). Let cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes, orecchiette, and vegetable stock, stirring to combine. Bring to a low simmer and cook for 11-13 minutes until the pasta is al dente, stirring occasionally. If pasta seems to have absorbed too much liquid, you can add in about 1/4 cup more.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining butter and parmesan cheese until combined. Garnish with additional parmesan cheese.
I like to use the sun-dried tomatoes that are packed in oil, but the dried ones will work too.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 392
- Sugar: 6.7g
- Sodium: 1270mg
- Fat: 27.1g
- Carbohydrates: 31.8g
- Fiber: 2.8g
- Protein: 13.5g
Keywords: vegetarian, one pan, easy, quick, weeknight, one pot