Super soft peanut butter cookies with a milk chocolate center – best served warm with a big glass of milk!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Approximately 40 chocolate stars
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Using an electric stand or hand mixer, cream together butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Add peanut butter and egg, beating until combined. Slowly mix in flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Recommended, but not required: chill for at least 30 minutes. Form approximately 40, 1-inch balls of dough, spacing out evenly on a cookie baking sheet. Press 1 chocolate star gently into the center of each dough ball (pushing about halfway down).
- Bake cookies for 9-11 minutes, until just turning golden brown along edges. Let cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes until able to transfer to a cooling rack. Store in an airtight container.
To freeze baked cookies, place in a single layer in a large freezer safe bag (highly recommend Stasher bags); thaw before serving and heat in microwave if desired.
Keywords: christmas, cookie, kid friendly, holiday, easy