Thick, fudgey brownies topped with extra cream cheese peppermint frosting and drizzled with chocolate!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 8–10 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and grease or line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips in microwave or double boiler. If microwaving, melt in 25-second increments, stirring in between, for approximately 1 – 1 1/2 minutes. Pour into mixing bowl if double broiling and set aside to cool slightly. Meanwhile, stir together flour, cocoa powder, and salt.
- Whisk the sugar into melted chocolate. Add eggs one at a time, whisking between each addition. Stir in vanilla extract. Fold in the dry ingredients.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until edges are set and center doesn’t jiggle. A toothpick should come out with moist crumbs to ensure you’ll have fudgy brownies! Let brownies cool completely before frosting.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat using an electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Spread over cooled brownies.
- Melt chocolate chips and vegetable oil in the microwave, checking them every 15 seconds and stirring until melted completely. Drizzle over frosted brownies.
Store brownies in the fridge covered or in an airtight container.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
Keywords: st. patrick's day, sweet, easy, party