Creamy, luxurious Piña Coladas made with ice cream for an extra special treat!
- 1 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks*
- 2 TBSP coconut cream
- 3 oz. white rum
- 2 oz. Malibu or coconut liqueur
- 1 1/3 cup vanilla ice cream
- Possible garnishes: coconut flakes, pineapple wedges, cherries, cute mini umbrellas
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Cover and blend until smooth, stirring as needed.
- Pour into glasses and garnish as desired.
For the best flavor, freeze your own pineapple chunks by placing fresh pineapple in an even layer on a baking sheet or in a resealable bag. Place in the freezer for at least 3 hours, or until frozen.
To make a non-alcoholic version, simply omit the alcohol. Taste test to see if more cream of coconut is needed depending on your preferences.
To Make a Coconut Flake Rim: Before you pour the cocktail, dip the rim of the glass into the coconut cream, then carefully dip into a pile of coconut flakes.
- Category: Cocktails
- Method: Blend
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: pina colada, milkshake, pina colada with ice cream, pineapple coconut cocktail