Easy Pineapple Salsa is the perfect summer recipe: a bit sweet, a bit spicy, and totally fresh!
Let’s talk about the fruit situation right now: ALL the fresh summer sweetness we could ever want, right? Like, on a scale of 1-10 how packed is your fridge with juicy watermelon, ripe cantaloupe, plump peaches, and well, pineapple, because why not!?
If the above situation sounds familiar, then I’m going to assume you might be looking for a whole lotta recipes to enjoy it before it all (gasp!) goes bad. What better way than with a fresh fruit salsa?
No other way, really. It’s so versatile in summer recipes and adds such a bright freshness.
So. Many. Reasons.
The tart sweetness of pineapple balances perfectly with the mild red bell pepper, pungent red onion, and spicy jalapeno. It’s a match made in sweet and spicy heaven!
Not to mention you’ll immediately be transported to a tropical beach with a margarita in hand – easy pineapple salsa does that to you.
THE OTHER INGREDIENTS
Pineapple, of course, is showcased with these other amazing salsa ingredients:
- red bell pepper
- red onion
THAT EASY! Simple, fresh, deliciousness all in one bowl! Bada-bing, bada-boom.
How Can You Use Pineapple Salsa?
How can’t you use pineapple salsa?! The beauty of pineapple salsa is that there are SO MANY ways to enjoy it!
- Seared Scallops + Coconut Rice (hello, tropical life!)
- Pair it with grilled salmon (or a salmon packet!) or really any fish of your choice!
- Over chicken – try it with Jerk chicken for even more tropical flavors!
- Firecracker Shrimp
- Fish Tacos
- With good ol’ tortilla chips, or heck, with a spoon!
I’d love to see how you enjoy this salsa recipe! Remember to snap a photo and share with us!
- 2 cups pineapple diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper diced
- 1/4 cup red onion diced
- 2 Tablespoons jalapeno seeded and finely chopped (~ 1 medium pepper)
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt to taste
- Toss together diced pineapple, red bell pepper, red onion, jalapeno, garlic, and cilantro. Add the fresh lime juice and stir to combine. Add salt to taste.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge for 3-5 days.
This recipe was originally published in June 2015. The photos were updated in July 2019, and a few tweaks were made to the recipe for improvement purposes.