Pistachio Butter Cookies – a mix between shortbread and sugar cookie, these slightly crisp yet soft cookies are coated with pistachios; a perfect melt-in-your-mouth combination!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 unbeaten egg yolk (save the egg white)
- 2 Tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup pistachios, divided, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Using either a hand or standing mixer, combine butter and sugar. Add the egg yolk, heavy cream, and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour, 1/2 cup chopped pistachios, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly. Shape dough into a log (approximately 12-14 inches long). Chill overnight.
- The next day, pre-heat oven to 400°F. Combine 1/4 cup sugar with 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios. Lightly beat the egg saved egg white and brush onto rolled dough. Roll in sugar-nut mixture until coated. You may want to slightly press in the nuts.
- Cut into 1/4 inch slices. Bake for 7-10 minutes.
Keywords: cookie, easy, nut, butter cookie