Potato, Leek, and Rosemary Galette with Pistachio Crust – a hearty pistachio crust topped with tangy goat cheese, rosemary, potatoes, and savory leeks.
Raise your hand if you’re ready for this. ??
This being a hearty pistachio crust covered with goat cheese and rosemary and filled with thin potato slices and savory leeks.
But first – how was your first week of 2017?!
It was kind of difficult getting back into the work-swing for me. Not to mention ridiculously cold wind chills again and far too many cloudy days. I see Minnesota didn’t figure out the whole “improve winter” thing while I was gone the past few years.
C’est la vie. This is why I love making ultimate comfort food in the winter, and this Potato, Leek, and Rosemary Galette with Pistachio Crust is killing it.
I’ve been on a pistachio kick lately (as mentioned here) so when I found this recipe from Bon Appetit, I was instantly inspired. However, I do a several things differently: rosemary, rosemary, rosemary! Oh, and one big galette because – bigger is better (only sometimes, of course).
The flavors in this galette scream comfort to me – the crust is so hearty and flakey; it’s a more dense pie crust leaving the thought of “elegant pizza” floating around your mind. Yukon Gold Potatoes are perfect in here – they’re smooth and easily slice thin. Oh, and then the savory leeks, tangy goat cheese, and comforting rosemary make this galette rich and flavorful.
How do you comfort in January?
If you make this recipe, please #FORKINTHEKITCHEN on Facebook, Insta, or Twitter! Leave a comment below with any suggestions/feedback. Mucho appreciated!
Potato, Leek, and Rosemary Galette with Pistachio Crust
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 14 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 leeks cut into 1/4 inch rounds and cleaned well
- 4 ounces goat cheese room temperature
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons rosemary finely chopped
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg beaten
- To make the crust, start by crushing pistachios in a food processor. Combine flour, salt, sugar, and pistachios (either in food processor or large bowl). Cut in butter until a coarse meal forms. Slowly add in water until dough comes together. Form into a disk and chill for 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper. Melt 2 Tablespoons butter in large skillet; add leek rounds and cook until soft, approximately 3-4 minutes. Transfer to plate.
- In a small bowl, combine goat cheese, garlic, heavy cream, salt, and pepper. Remove galette dough from the fridge and roll out on a floured surface. Roll into a 12 inch circle and place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Spread goat cheese mixture over dough, leaving approximately 1 inch around the edges. Sprinkle rosemary on top of cheese mixture. Layer potato slices around goat cheese; drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Top with leeks. Fold edges over approximately 2 inches to create the galette. Brush edges with egg wash.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until edges are golden brown. Slice and serve!
Recipe inspired by Bon Appetit.