Light, moist muffins bursting with fall flavors, topped with a crunchy, buttery pecan crumble.
- 1 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick), melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup applesauce
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup + 1 Tablespoon pecan chips
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons butter, melted
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tin pan for 18 muffins.
- Stir together dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, brown sugar, and white sugar. Set aside.
- Melt butter, set aside to cool slightly. Whisk together eggs, vanilla, apple sauce, and pumpkin puree. Slowly whisk in butter.
- Stir wet ingredients into dry ingredients until just combined. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full (I use a 1 1/2 inch scoop).
- Create the crumble by stirring together pecans, brown sugar, flour, and melted butter. Top each muffin with approximately 1/2 Tablespoon of crumble and gently pat down.
- Bake muffins for 16 minutes, until tops bounce back when touched slightly. Remove from pan and let cool slightly.
- Category: Breakfast