A simple and quick summer salad – with crunch, texture, and lots of flavor!
- 1 cup dry quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 heaping cup cherries, quartered
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 small shallot, chopped (~3 Tablespoons)
- Salt, to taste
- Drizzle of honey
- Handful of arugula (optional)
- Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Reduce heat to low-medium and let simmer for 15 minutes, covered. Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes, fluff. Let cool slightly. *If your quinoa has different instructions, go with them.
- Toss together cooled quinoa and remaining ingredients: cherries, rosemary, walnuts, lemon juice, shallot, and salt; drizzle honey. Toss in blue cheese at the end to prevent clumping. You may want to toss the arugula in a drizzle of olive oil if adding.
- Category: Salad
Keywords: salad, lunch, easy, quick, healthy