Quinoa Black Bean Burrito Bowls are a healthy way to satisfy that burrito craving!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups vegetable broth or water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1– 15 ounce can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce, chopped
- Toppings as desired: cheese, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, salsa, guacamole, corn, etc.
- Cook 1 cup dried quinoa as directed on package or combine quinoa and broth or water in saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 15 minutes. Drain if needed. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add diced onion and saute for approximately 3 minutes. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; continue sauteing for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cumin, cayenne, chili powder, paprika, and salt.
- Stir in drained and rinsed black beans. Cook until heated through.
- Add quinoa to black bean mixture, again cooking until heated through.
- In a bowl, add lettuce and top with quinoa black bean mixture. Add desired toppings.
- Category: Dinner