Ricotta, Asparagus, and Pea Pasta – creamy ricotta sauce, farfalle pasta, and fresh summer asparagus and peas will make your weeknights so much better!
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 yellow onion (approx 1/2-3/4 cup), diced
- 3–4 garlic cloves, chopped
- Dash of red pepper flakes
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1/2 cup white wine (or vegetable broth)
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 pound dried farfalle pasta
- 15 ounces ricotta
- 1/3 cup reserved pasta water
- Salt and pepper
- Begin boiling a large stock pot of salted water.
- In a saute pan over medium heat, heat butter and olive oil. Add diced onion and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add garlic, red pepper flakes, nutmeg, salt, and pepper. Add lemon zest and juice. Add white wine slowly while deglazing pan. Let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add asparagus and cook for 5-6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, water should be boiling; add pasta to boiling water, stirring occasionally and cooking according to package directions.
- Add frozen peas to saute pan with asparagus.
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together ricotta and 1/3 cup reserved pasta water.
- Drain pasta, add ricotta mixture, and vegetable mixture. Stir to coat. Serve with parmesan to top.
- Category: Dinner