Roasted Garlic Hummus – smooth, creamy hummus with the rich, deep flavor of roasted garlic throughout. Perfect to serve as an appetizer, spread on a sandwich, or take for lunch!
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed, skins removed
- 2 garlic bulbs
- ~4 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 1/2 teaspoons tahini
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (start with a dash if sensitive to spice)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (more to taste)
- 2 Tablespoons reserved chickpea juice or water
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Take each garlic bulb and pull off the excess paper. Cut off the top end so all clove tops are exposed. Place each bulb in its own piece of foil. Drizzle olive oil on top of the bulbs until covered, but not drenched (approximately 2 teaspoons each). Wrap the bulbs in the foil and place in oven. Roast for 35-40 minutes until tender and cloves easily squeeze out of the bulb.
- Meanwhile, drain and rinse the chickpeas, reserving 2 Tablespoons of the liquid if desired. Remove the skins from the chickpeas, as noted above.
- Once the garlic is done roasting, place the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini, cayenne pepper, and garlic cloves into a food processor. *Remove garlic cloves by turning bulb upside down and squeezing them out.
- Pulse the ingredients until blended. Add chickpea juice or water. Drizzle in olive oil while blending. Scrape sides occasionally as needed and taste test for pepper and salt amount as well as desired consistency. Add more water or olive oil as needed. Serve with additional cayenne, olive oil, or parsley flakes.
- Category: Snack