These roasted vegetable bowls are full of hearty root veggies like sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, beets, and roasted garlic, and topped with creamy tahini dressing! Make them for meal prep or an easy one-pan dinner!
Veggies (~3 1/2 – 4 pounds total)
- 2 beets, peeled and diced
- 1–2 large parsnips, peeled and cut on the bias
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut on the bias
- 1–2 large turnips, peeled and diced
- 1 small yellow onion, chunked
- 1 large sweet potato, 1/2 inch cubed
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1–2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/3 cup tahini
- 3 1/2 TBSP olive oil
- 1 1/2 TBSP fresh lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 – 3/4 tsp fine sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 TBSP fresh parsley, chopped
- 2–3 tsp honey
- 5–6 TBSP cold water
- Soft boiled or poached eggs
- Roast Vegetables: Preheat oven to 425°F. Toss beets, parsnips, carrots, turnips, onion, and sweet potato with olive oil, salt, and pepper on a large baking sheet. Spread evenly across the pan. Cut the top off of the garlic bulb and place in a piece of foil. Drizzle with olive oil and wrap in the foil. Place the garlic foil packet on the vegetable pan or directly on the oven rack. Roast vegetables for 30 minutes; remove garlic from the oven and set aside. Toss the other vegetables and return back to the oven to roast for an additional 10-15 minutes. Once vegetables are roasted, toss together with the chopped kale and return to the warm oven for 1-2 minutes to wilt.
- Tahini Dressing: Meanwhile, whisk together all dressing ingredients except for the water. Once they’re combined, whisk in the cold water somewhat slowly until desired creaminess level is reached. If the dressing seems to separate, continue whisking in additional cold water until it comes together. Adjust levels for desired taste.
- Assemble: Assemble the bowls with roasted vegetables (on top of rice or quinioa if desired) and top with tahini dressing. Garnish with chopped walnuts, soft boiled egg, and fresh herbs as desired.
Make sure all vegetables are similar in size when you cut them.
Not into tahini? Try out an easy avocado sauce!
Want to make it vegan? Sub maple syrup for honey in the dressing and omit the egg on top.
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasting
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 262
- Sugar: 10.2 g
- Fat: 15.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 28.4 g
- Fiber: 5.7 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
Keywords: vegetarian, healthy, easy, one pan, dinner, meal prep, vegan