Happy first day of September!
Summer is basically over (tears might be rolling down my cheek…) but fortunately there are still ripe juicy tomatoes all over the Farmer’s Market and I’m just not ready to let go of all of it quite yet.
To celebrate the inevitable cooler temperatures that are just around the corner, and the end-of-summer produce, Roasted Tomato Carrot Ginger Soup has been my go-to healthy lunch this last week of summer.
Roasted Tomato Carrot Ginger Soup is SO EASY. To be honest, I don’t make a lot of soups. Soup is something I like to take a few bites of, and then mainly use it as an accompaniment to some crusty bread. This soup though, this is different. It is super flavorful, still has texture to it, and while I could eat it non-stop on it’s own, it definitely makes a great partner to crusty bread.
Back to this SO EASY thing…
FOUR ingredients on a baking sheet, put in the oven to roast for just under 20 minutes! YES – even the ginger is roasted on the pan. All this roasting creates a deep, intense, and subtly sweet flavor out of these ingredients – creating an out of this world soup experience!
Then they’re blended up with a few spices, some vegetable stock and voila! You’ve got yourself the healthiest, most flavorful lunch – or dinner – out there.
I mean, we can basically say FIVE ingredient soup, can’t we? I’m going to assume we’re on the same page and have spices in our cupboards and use them liberally all of the time.
As I may have mentioned (mostly because I’m obsessed) Roasted Tomato Carrot Ginger Soup is even better with crusty bread on the side. Or let’s picture a melty, gooey, grilled cheese sandwich next to a hot bowl of uber-flavorful end-of-summer soup. Now we’re talking…
But if you’re better at sticking to healthier options than I am, top this luscious soup with some fresh basil and maybe some cheese crisps (have you had those things yet? sooo yummy!).
Whatever side or yummy soup accompaniment you choose – go grab it, get yourself a big bowl of Roasted Tomato Carrot Ginger Soup and get cozy for the night!
A healthy, comforting soup full or rich flavor! It’s gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan! And goes perfectly with a crusty baguette.
- 4 medium carrots, peeled & cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 5 medium tomatoes, halved and stems cut out
- 1 inch piece of ginger, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Place carrots, tomatoes, ginger, and garlic on a large baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat. Roast for 18-20 minutes until carrots are tender.
- Place roasted vegetables in a large stock pot, including the pan juices. Add dried spices and vegetable stock, mix to combine. Using an immersion hand blender, blend together until desired smoothness is reached (I like when there’s still a little texture to the soup). Garnish with fresh basil.
- Up the white pepper to 1/4 teaspoon for a little extra kick!
- You could also use a blender such as a Vitamix.
- Make this a one pot dish! Roast the veggies in an oven-safe dutch oven. You’ll need to extend the cooking time by 5-10 minutes.