Tell me! What’s your costume/plans tonight? Or did you celebrate this weekend, because a Tuesday night Halloween party is just a bit too much?
I always think I’ll plan out a costume, go to a party, be super creative… but every Halloween always turns into cozy nights in with lots of treats and not-too-scary movies. It’s The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, anyone?!
Whether you’re going out tonight or staying in passing out candy to all the little ones, Salted Caramel Apple Cake is just what this Halloween night needs!
I absolutely love caramel apples. The traditional kind, the dip kind, and now the cake kind. Any excuse to have cake, right?
There’s nothing more beautiful than a bundt cake, especially when it’s drizzled with caramel. And filled with sweet, tart, juicy apples.
But really, this cake.
It’s light, delicate, and full of the best fall flavors! You know I love a good pumpkin dessert, but there’s something about apples. Don’t hate me for saying it… but they might be a bit higher on my “favorite fall flavors” list ?. Not by much, friends. I mean, how can we choose, really?
What’s in Caramel Apple Cake?
This cinnamon-apple cake is loaded with fresh diced Granny Smith apples. Cannot go wrong with fresh fruit – biting into little pieces of apple with every bite is just delectable!
Then the salted caramel drizzle… oh I just went to fall dessert heaven.
I use a salted caramel ice cream topping to make life easier.
Can we all agree that fall just feels like the craziest season of all sometimes (it’s like bam, bam, bam as everything starts back up again)? So even if we have time to bake a delicious fall cake, we might not have time to make salted caramel. Plus, that can be so tricky to do.
What I’m saying is, there’s zero shame in buying the caramel. Alternatively, you can melt caramel candies, and cut yourself a little slack, I know I did.
Then top your slice with ALL THE WHIPPED CREAM!
And can you go wrong with salted caramel ever?! Nope, nope, nope. Let’s dig in and have the most delicious Halloween ever!
Salted Caramel Apple Cake
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 cups apples, diced small
- 6 oz. caramel sauce
- 1/2 - 1 Tablespoon sea salt or flakey salt
- Whipped cream, optional for serving
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Lightly flour or grease a bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition. In a small bowl, stir together applesauce and milk. Alternate adding dry ingredients and wet ingredients, three times, slowly mixing between each addition. Stir in apples just until combined.
- Spread the batter evenly around the prepared bundt pan and bake for 52-58 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted. Let rest for 10 minutes, then invert pan to remove cake.
- Once the cake has cooled, drizzle caramel sauce over the cake and sprinkle salt evenly around right before serving (for the texture of it - otherwise it will melt into the caramel). Serve a slice of cake with whipped cream if desired (highly recommended!).
Disclaimer: The nutritional information provided for this recipe is only an estimate. The accuracy of the facts listed is not and cannot be guaranteed.