A cake perfect for fall – full of diced Granny Smith apples, cinnamon, and topped with creamy salted caramel drizzle.
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 cups apples, small diced
- 6 ounces caramel sauce
- 1/2 – 1 Tablespoon sea salt or salt flakes
- Whipped cream (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F. Lightly flour or grease a bundt pan.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Using an electric mixer, cream together sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Add eggs one at a time, mixing between each addition. In a small bowl, stir together applesauce and milk. Alternate adding dry ingredients and wet ingredients, three times, slowly mixing between each addition. Stir in apples. Spread evenly around bundt pan.
- Bake for 52-58 minutes, until a toothpick comes out cleanly when inserted. Let rest for 10 minutes and invert pan to remove cake. Once cooled, drizzle caramel sauce over cake and sprinkle salt evenly around immediately before serving. Serve with whipped cream if desired (highly recommended!).