An easy side dish that’s festive, ready in 10 minutes, and made with only 5 ingredients!
- 2 TBSP butter or olive oil
- 12 oz. green beans, trimmed
- 1-2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
- salt, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter (or heat olive oil). Add green beans and toss; continue to sautèe for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt to taste. Add minced garlic and red bell pepper, cook for an additional 4 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast pine nuts over low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes until warm.
- Once green beans and red bell peppers are fork tender, toss with pine nuts and goat cheese. Serve immediately.
Omit the goat cheese and use olive oil to make vegan.
Keywords: easy, quick, vegetarian, gluten free, thanksgiving, christmas, festive, holiday