An easy side dish that’s festive, ready in 10 minutes, and made with only 5 ingredients!
- 2 TBSP butter or olive oil
- 12 oz. green beans, trimmed
- 1–2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/3 cup goat cheese crumbles
- salt, to taste
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt butter (or heat olive oil). Add green beans and toss; continue to sautèe for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Salt to taste. Add minced garlic and red bell pepper, cook for an additional 4 minutes until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, toast pine nuts over low-medium heat for 3-4 minutes until warm.
- Once green beans and red bell peppers are fork tender, toss with pine nuts and goat cheese. Serve immediately.
Omit the goat cheese and use olive oil to make vegan.
- Category: Side
- Method: Sautè
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: easy, quick, vegetarian, gluten free, thanksgiving, christmas, festive, holiday