An indulgent dessert that’s incredibly easy to make: sauté plums and deglaze with red wine to create a luxurious sauce. Pour it over ice cream et viola!
- 3 TBSP butter
- 3 TBSP brown sugar
- 4 red or black plums, sliced in half and pitted
- 1/4 cup Côtes du Rhone wine (or another red of choice)
- Pinch of salt, optional
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Optional: shortbread cookie crumbs
- Heat a sauté pan over medium heat. Add butter and let it melt, slightly brown. Whisk in brown sugar and add plums, cut side down. Let bubble and cook for 4-6 minutes, until slightly softened (you can move the plums around a bit if needed to prevent sticking).
- Remove the plums and set aside on a plate. Deglaze the pan with the red wine, whisking together to combine. Let slowly simmer for 2 minutes until reduced slightly. Remove from heat. The sauce will thicken slightly the longer it rests.
- Add plums to individual bowls, and top with desired amount of ice cream (I like at least 2 scoops per bowl!). Pour the red wine sauce on top of each bowl, distributing evenly. Garnish with crushed shortbread cookies, if desired.