Savory Pear Tart – a flakey crust topped with Bosc pears, rosemary, gorgonzola, and drizzled with honey for the delicate balance of sweet and savory! Excellent for a night-in with wine or as a holiday appetizer.
This. This. Is. It. This Savory Pear Tart is making dreams come true left and right. Whether it’s your Friday-night-in dreams, or your holiday party appetizer dreams, they’re granted right here and right now.
Do you remember this peach tart from last summer? If not you should totally check it out. This recipe was inspired by said peach tart, although very different, mainly because one’s sweet and one’s savory, but nonetheless, equally delicious.
In fact, it all begins with the flakey, buttery crust from the peach tart recipe. That crust that melts-in-your-mouth, flakes apart perfectly, and is sturdy enough to transport all of the toppings straight into your mouth.
Speaking of those toppings: garlic, Bosc pears, rosemary, gorgonzola, and honey. It’s like a perfect pizza-pie combination that hits all the sweet and savory aspects that make life great.
The honey is perfectly drizzled on top that brings out the sweetness of the pears and the garlic/rosemary/gorgonzola bring the most wonderful savory balance ever known to tarts/pies/pizzas. The combination is one of my absolute favorites – especially with wine. Talk about the perfect girls’ night!
Get the Recipe Savory Pear Tart
- Place flour, salt, and sugar in a large bowl and mix.
- Add butter and blend using a pastry blender until the butter is in small bits the size of peas.
- While continuing to blend, pour the ice water in bit by bit until the dough starts to come together. I do use the entire ½ cup, but am cautious while adding in case the dough comes together without all of the water.
- Once dough comes together, dump onto a floured surface and knead quickly into a ball, being careful not to overwork. Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 mins - 1 hour.
- Pre-heat oven to 400°F. Roll dough into approximately a 14x8 inch rectangle. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Brush dough with olive oil and garlic cloves. Line with overlapping Bosc pear slices, leaving approximately 1 inc of dough around edges.. Sprinkle rosemary on top. Fold dough over pears.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Sprinkle on gorgonzola and continue baking for 20 additional minutes.
- Drizzle with honey as desired. Slice and serve.
If you make this recipe, I’d love to see! Remember to #FORKINTHEKITCHEN and tag us on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter!